Amazing Books to Read to your Kindergartener
Reading to your child helps develop and strengthen language. Reading to your child is one of the best ways to prepare them for school, it stimulates the brain and helps with memory improvement. These books are sure to get your kindergartener excited and interested in reading.
You should read every day. There are numerous benefits in reading to your child. When young children are read to they learn and understand the concept that letters make sounds and then make words. Young children like to turn the pages. Children quickly learn that books are structured with a beginning, middle, and an end. They will learn to retell a story in their own words. Reading together also builds parent/child interaction encouraging discussions.
This book list is a starting place for your child. These books are wonderful to read to your little ones.
Here are amazing books to read to your Kindergartener.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through one of these links I may receive a small commision. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please read my Disclosure Policy
Related Reading- ABCs of Reading to and With your Child
If you like this post be sure to sign up for a reading readiness pack. This pack will help Develop Reading skills in your child and find the right books for your child. You can do this and at the same time get your child to enjoy reading. Sign up below.
20 Books to read to your Kindergartener
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett
2. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff
3. The Mitten by Jan Brett
4. Strega Nona by Tomie DePaola
5.Tacky the Penguin by Helen Lester
6. Curious George Books by H.A. Rey
7. Miss Nelson is Missing by Harry Allard
8. Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion
9. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
10. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
11. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.
12. Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See? By Eric Carle and Bill Martin Jr.
The Wonders of Reading to your child
13. The Lorax by Dr.Seuss
14. The Little Engine that Could by Watty Piper
15. Are you my Mother? By P.D. Eastman
16. Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
17. No, David! by David Shannon
18. The Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone
19. One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss
20. In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak
These are fantastic books to read to your young child. Even as your child gets older these will become cherished favorites. These are classic books that you and your child can enjoy together. Keep these books to help build your home library.
Click the picture below to download a reading log. Using a reading log is a wonderful way to show your child how they are doing. By seeing what they have accomplished, will help them strive to read more.
PS. If you found this helpful be sure to sign up to receive the Reading Readiness Pack. This pack will help you find the right book for your child and make reading more enjoyable. If your child struggles with wanting to read, you need this pack. Sign up below.