Easy Mother’s Day Crafts that Kids and Mom will Love
Mothers and Grandmothers love to get a hand-made gift for Mother’s Day. When children are young they love to make gifts for people. Time to put this want into action. These crafts are easy enough for toddlers to make, but still fun enough that older children will want to make them too. Let’s honor the Mother’s in our life with some handmade gifts. Here are easy Mother’s Day Crafts that kids can make.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information please check my Disclosure Policy
Mom will love these homemade mothers day gifts from there children. Put a smile on moms face with these poems, cards and handmade gifts. These are the things mom will save and treasure.
Click below to download a free printable mothers day crafts packet. Perfect for school teachers to do in class and dad’s to do with their little ones. Print these pages out and give with one of these crafts.
Mother’s Day Photo Frame
- Popsicle sticks– 2 large and 2 small – or you can use the same size
- Puzzle pieces – if you have a puzzle missing pieces those are perfect to use. If not go to the dollar store for any puzzle
- Picture of the child
- Take the four popsicle sticks and glue them together in the corners. If you use two size popsicle sticks then glue the smaller sticks an inch down from the top and about a half an inch up from the bottom. This then puts the picture in the middle.
- Then take the puzzle pieces and glue wherever you choose.
- On one of the puzzle pieces write “I love you to pieces!”
- Then take the picture and take to the back.
- Ta-Dah!! A beautiful picture frame that mom will treasure.
- Finger Paint
- Small canvas
- Painters Tape
- Paint Brush
- Use the painters take to spell out letters on the canvas. I did LOVE but you could do MOM as well.
- Then paint over the tape with the color you choose. If a younger child is painting I suggest only using one color, not four.
- After painting one section with a certain color then continue to paint the other sections with the other paint colors.
- Toddlers can use their fingers instead of a paintbrush.
- When the paint is COMPLETELY dry then peel off the tape.
- A beautiful painting that mom will display year after year.
Related Reading on Crafts for Kids
Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids
Mother’s Day Finger Print Heart
- Finger Paint
- Poem (included in mother’s day packet)
- Small canvas
- Paper with heart cut out
- Glue the poem onto the bottom of the canvas.
- Then take the heart cut out and put above the poem.
- Next, paint inside the heart with the color you choose. If a younger child is painting I suggest only using one color, not four.
- After painting leave the cut out until the paint dries.
Let me know how it went making these crafts with your little ones. Which one did your child like the most?
Easy Mother’s Day crafts for kids to make that mom will cherish.
If you liked this pin about easy mother’s day crafts, be sure to PIN this to your favorite Pinterest Board for later.
I really like the crafts you suggested. I’m going to pass this along to my husband. I also really like that we have the same professional background. I was a special Ed teacher and worked for EI. The only reason I’m not doing it now, is because I became a SAHM.
I’m so glad you liked the crafts. Thank you. Definitely pass it along to your husband. Oh really, that’s so funny about our professional backgrounds. With EI I’m lucky enough to work part time.
Love the LOVE cavas painting! Great ideas!
Thank you! So easy for the kids to make and it looks good.
Thank you Brandy. Canvas painting are great as a decoration and as a gift. When you use tape on the canvas then even the little ones can make a fabulous piece of art work. Share this with a family member so maybe you can receive a canvas painting as a gift.
These are so cute! I especially love the “love” one. 🙂
Thank you, Anna. I’m so glad you liked the Mothers Day crafts. They are easy enough that all kids can make them. Share with someone in your family so maybe you can get a canvas “LOVE” painting for Mothers Day.